Chevy is making a few updates and changes to its subcompact Sonic range for the 2015 model year.
The Deep Magenta Metallic, Cool Blue, and Blue Topaz Metallic exterior colors are discontinued for 2015, while Blue Velvet Metallic is added as a new color option. Joining the list of deleted items is the (base) UH7 AM/FM stereo with CD player as well as the Blind Spot Mirrors, which we find really useful in cars without blind spot detection systems. Meanwhile, the 2015 Sonic gets OnStar Generation 10 hardware with 4G LTE and Wi-Fi hotspot capability, as well as the Dragon Green Promotional Package.
Changes to the 2015 Sonic consist of the discontinuation of the UF7 MyLink radio on base LS models, the newfound inability to order an LS-model with extra-cost exterior colors, the 1.4L LUV/LUJ engine becoming standard equipment on the Sonic LTZ, and the inclusion of 16″ Silver-painted aluminum wheels as standard equipment on the Sonic LT 5-door when equipped with the Fun and Sun Package.
Check out all of the official RPO-level changes in the list below:
- Deep Magenta Metallic exterior color
- Cool Blue exterior color
- Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color
- AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback
- Blind spot mirrors
- Blue Velvet Metallic exterior color
- OnStar Gen 10 with 4G and Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Dragon Green Promotional Package
- Chevrolet MyLink radio is no longer available on LS models
- Fun and Sun Package on LT 5-Door model now includes (RRV) 16″ Silver-painted aluminum wheels
- On LS models, can no longer order extra-cost exterior colors
- Turbo 1.4L engine now standard on LTZ models