GMC today introduced the 2015 Sierra All Terrain HD, a refined, off-road-inspired execution of the brand’s capability that blends exclusive design features with the versatility of 4WD. It goes on sale this summer.
“The new 2015 GMC Sierra HD lineup helps customers tackle tough jobs more comfortably, and with the new All Terrain HD, they can do it with greater style,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing. “Equally comfortable whether it’s a night on the town or traversing a remote job site, it has all the capability that customers demand from a GMC heavy-duty truck on the job.”
The new Sierra All Terrain HD is available on 2500HD and 3500HD double cab and crew cab models, and is offered with SLE or SLT trims – all with 4WD, including an electronically controlled transfer case. Also included is the Z71 Off Road package, with Rancho twin-tube shocks, hill descent control and a skid plate.
- chrome surround on the grille
- exterior graphics
- aluminum underbody shields
- unique 18-inch six-spoke chrome cast-aluminum wheels
- Twenty-inch chrome aluminum wheels are available on 2500HD
- 3500HD models also include adjustable outside camper mirrors with a chrome cap
The new All Terrain HD also includes the latest connectivity technology, including IntelliLink and new OnStar with 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. Enhanced features for IntelliLink include Text Messaging Alerts for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.), which reads incoming texts through the vehicle’s speakers, and Siri Eyes Free for iPhone iOS 6 and iOS 7 users to enhance connectivity and convenience.
Additional new and enhanced features introduced on the 2015 Sierra HD lineup include:
- CornerStep rear bumper, EZ Lift and Lower tailgate, standard locking tailgate, standard upper tie-downs and other features that make cargo handling easier
- Standard StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control on all models
- Integrated cruise control, auto grade braking and diesel exhaust braking, for greater driving control and reduced brake wear on grades
- Enhanced cooling airflow, which enables the Duramax turbo diesel and 6.0L gas engine to better maintain full power, even under heavy loads and high ambient temperatures
- New Duralife™ disc brake rotors that offer up to double the service life (late availability).
The 2015 Sierra HD also offers segment-exclusive safety features such as forward collision alert, lane departure warning with an active safety seat, and front and rear park assist. Head-curtain and seat-mounted side airbags are standard on 2500HD and available on 3500HD models.